Testing kawasaki fuel pump

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Nov 2, 2013.

1. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

Check/adjust the valves. Clean and gap the plugs. Make absolutely sure the choke is closing completely.

Should be a youtoob on it somewhere, whatdididowiththatlink.......................

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I must have confused you with initial post, all the stuff with not in front of it is things checked and rechecked.

3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

Naw, you didn't confuse me, I just didn't read it! At first glance, it looked like where some posters list all their equip. ( at least that's my story..and I'm stickin' to it )

But upon lookin at yer OP, I can pert near guarantee its one of them listed items!

4. thom

thom LawnSite Member

Did you check the output volume of the FP?
    You need to see a steady stream of low
    pressure fuel from the exit hose.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The purpose of adding an external gas tank with bottom above carb was to see if unit would start and it won't.

6. thom

thom LawnSite Member

Oops, I didn't see that you bypassed the FP.
    Have you disassembled the carb to check for
    a stuck float valve?
    Dirt in the fuel bowl plugging the feed port.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I switched out carb. I have another thread on this engine not
    Starting. This thread was for pump and I do know now how it
    Is checked.

8. thom

thom LawnSite Member

Is it fixed yet?

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No I will keep posting under thread in this section related to 13hp not starting. I did confirm that I had vac at dipstick.

10. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

Do this real quick...assuming the pump you have is as such-- inlet/ outlet& line going to crankcase.I know you put another fuel tank & run it to the carb, bi-passing the pump. Hook up the fuel tank to the pump..& disconnect the hose going to carb, & put in a can or container... lat the fuel flow..it will gravity feed through the pump if tank is higher than the pump...this will eliminate the pump being the problem. The pulse from crankcase only works the pump when its running, but fuel will still gravity feed through it.
    Posted via Mobile Device