testing ph

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trophytkr, Mar 1, 2002.

1. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

Iv'e been doing a search on pricing and applications of fert, seeding and such. I keep reading about testing the soils ph. Is there a test kit that you can buy or do you send it out and get a lab result? I'll be going through the pesticide school put on by the wisconsin dept of agriculture in a couple of weeks. Not sure if this is something that they cover or not. Like always guys all your help is much appriciated, thanks again.

Rick
    A - Z Lawn Care

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I do mine thru Lesco. Many states also offer them thru the Ag depts. Also, CLC Labs is one of the biggest, don't have their number here but a quick search of the web should find it.

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Kirby:

Ran across your site last night and saw the soil samples online. Meant to drop you a compliment for a good idea there. Have you had anyone balk at having that online??

jf

4. I have seen testing kits you can buy, been meaning to ask if they are any good?

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

No. Only has the last name, no address or other info.

6. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

Is there a web site I can go in order to find lesco dealers near me?

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Their website:
    www.lesco.com

Not the most informative site. Call their 1-800 to find the location nearest you.

1-800-321-5325

8. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by 1MajorTom

Their website:
    www.lesco.com

Not the most informative site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now theres an undestatement!!!!