1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Testing The New 2009 John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have heard that Deere is going to bring out a new Z-Trak line for 2009 because of all the problems with the 800 series.

Some testing of the new series is now taking place in West Michigan.

Who is doing this testing ? ... Or can't you guys say ?
  2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always find it interesting that the testing is during the summer and in places where the conditions are not always that extreme, any mower tests well in the summer. What about wet lush growth of spring? wet heavy leaves of fall? I don't know maybe they will test during those times too.
  3. Sammy

I'm a little surprised that Deere has a new model they are testing already.

With them being in the middle of trying to make a quick fix on the 800's, sort of makes one wonder why they would go to market knowing they would have problems with the 800's. :nono:
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They don't have time to thoroughly test a new model by 09. Unless it's just a knock off of the 800 series.
  5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I know then when it breaks it is like we never had that problem duh! They are putting cheaper parts and charging top dollars for junk.

I bought a new ferris in 07 and I have been thru 1 pump 1wheel motor 1 clutch 2 hour meters and multiple pieces on the bagging system.

04 toro 2 pumps 2 wheel motors and a clutch.

00 toro nothing 1 clutch

I just bought a diesel 08 toro first day 2 wheel motors turns out there is a recall on those motors when a baggin system is place on it.

My point is thay are cheaping up these mowers to compensate for higher cost of fuel. I know what you guys are going to say I am just rough on equipment but I am truly not. My first mower is still running today with no major repairs hmm wonder what changed. I will tell you, the manufactures are charging more for less. JUNK
  6. Sammy

How is that ?
  7. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nah, i'm not sure I believe this. There's no way their going to introduce a new line for '09 with all the problems they are having right now with the 800 series. Thats not near enough time and that would be suicide for Deere to release another line w/o PROPER testing. It will probably be the 800 series with all the changes they are making.
  8. Sammy

Now I hear it will be 2010 when they do that.
  9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

There are no new models except the Z860. All the same ones from 2008 were at Louisville and John Deere Reps say..."What problems?"