1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Testing your area's lawn services prices...Here are mine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brian@ELST, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Brian@ELST

Brian@ELST LawnSite Member

What are your prices for professional lawn services?

I just wanted to compare with the national averages. My business operates in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Just to let you know about my business: I have about $40,000.00 in professional business (lawn) equipment. I operate my business full time. I always carry a $1,000,000.00 Liability policy along with upper limit commercial auto insurance. I take pride in my work and I prvide a satisfaction guarrantee on everything I do. I operate by myself except for the large jobs where extra muscle is needed. I certainly do consider my services to be "professional", especially the tree and ornamental trimming...that's why I charge $50.00/hr for it. I have quite a bit of experience at trimming and have had no trouble charging that amount. I stay very busy 9 months of the year.

Here are my rates:

Mow, w/e, edge, blow (minimum price)$32.00
    Tree/ornamental trimming $50.00/hr + Hauling
    Planting or any other lawn/garden related services $35.00/hr + $25.00 minimum delivery charge for any plants brought to site.
    Gutter Cleaning $45.00 minimum (blow out with blower)

My prices remain the same as last season, however I have adjusted the minimum mowing charge up from $29.00. Right now my schedule is totally booked to 3 weeks out...I am especially busy with the tree and shrub trimming at $50.00/hr. I am very busy and this tells me that my prices are at or slightly below market value.

Please disclose your price structures (if you dare!)

Express Lawn Services of Tulsa:) :)
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Well I am not a 1 man crew, but if I am on a job I get $60hr for myself. Generally speaking we get $120hr for anything we do. My cutting minimum is $30. (5-7 minutes) if you are out of my area I will recommend a friend in the business. Hope I answered you! :cool:
  3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Brian nice to see someone else in the area that is also in the biz.
    My minimum now is 30.00 that is to mow, edge, trim, blow, won't touch anything that bags for less than 35.00 I charge 50.00 hr. for everything else that I do. Ferts. is 3.50 per 1k plus 20.00 stop fee. I'm not booked out three wks. but several days. I have been in the lawn biz for several years, but this is my first fulltime.