1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spcfoor, Mar 17, 2005.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I am studying for my certified applicators license and am just wondering what to expect on the test. Is the test heavy on laws or identifying different pests? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

take to the top
  3. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just took my test for the first time on St Pats day. my advice is read the county extensions books! I went thru the class, but the info was given so fast, and alot of the questions on the test, wasn't even in the in class material. Know about pest like grubs, when to apply pre-emergents, I even had to know the endangered bird of my state! Study rates of applications type questions, like figuring out the cost of fertilizer for so many sq ft. Study about point and non-point sources of contamination,Labels and labeling, mixing sites and all the safety points. I hope this helps you, I don't know if I passed yet or not, but in Nebraska here, I had 2 test, one was cat #1 standards, which I was more worried about, but I feel like I did really good in it, and the other was the turf and ornamental #4, that I thought I would have no problem, but I did, shocked me actually, not so much the math, but odd ball questions or re-worded questions. Good luck, hope this helps a little, study , study study..........