1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

texas agrilife extension

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by beachtownlawnservice, Aug 21, 2011.

1. beachtownlawnservice

beachtownlawnservice LawnSite Member

Have any of you attended any of the events/classes they offer? they have everything from landscape design, lawn care, IPM, soil&composting, tree care, master gardener classes,etc.. I attended my commercial applicator class there the instructor was great. sounds like a great resource for information and knowledge. any feedback of the classes you attended would be great.
  2. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

I take a 8 hour class there every year for my CEU credits, the instructors really know their stuff.
  3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Personally I thought the class curriculum was at ankle level. Repetitive "spoon" feeding of the subject matter and shallow presentation is not what I call knowledge.
    Then again I have an undergraduate degree in Turfgrass Agronomy with a minor in Fluid Dynamics and lack dissertation presentation for my MA in Agronomy.
    Unless I have a gun to my head I don't speak with anyone except the lab director at Bryan College Station regarding pathological issues on the differing turf species at the estates I maintain.