Texas Commercial Applicators Test

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Texas Lawn, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wondering if anyone had any advice on the test. Ive been studying for the last couple of weeks, but there is a lot of info and dont know what to focus on. Any idea on number of questions? Couldnt find anything online.

A lot of the rules and laws seem like common sense but I know these tests can be hard to pass (thankful I dont live in FL). Any advice, help, or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am curious about that myself. So I will bump it up.

3. Premiumlawns

Premiumlawns LawnSite Member

I am new to the site and I am trying to find more info about fertilizing. Have you taken the test yet? How was it, What do you focus on, etc. I am looking at having to take the TDA General B-5073; Laws and Regulations B-5056; and Ornamental Turf B-5066. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

4. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3 tests, 100 questions on each, just get to the test a bit early and refresh on everything before you go in. Know the basic formulas and you should be good.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'll be taking the exams in a month or two as well. From everything I have heard, as long as you have read the material and know the basic formulas then you should be golden. It appears to be all multiple choice so that immediately helps out a ton. You can usually down two wrong answers to each question immediately.

6. Premiumlawns

Thanks for the info! Another question.. What insurance company do you use? I have been told by 2 or 3 that they will not insure because of limited use chemicals or something to that affect.

7. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Naa, just find a ins agent and have them find you a policy, do this first so that you can get your license as soon as you pass your exam.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

Make a few more posts so I can Private Message you. I have an insurance guy I use that is pretty good but I don't want to give out his info publicly. He found me a great plan at a really reasonable price.

9. Premiumlawns

you can message me at
    www.facebook.com/premiumlc

10. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

I just sent you a message on Facebook.