Texas Immigration Sting (MSNBC)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenN'Clean, Dec 12, 2006.

1. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Immigration and Boarder patrol launches raids on Illegals for identity thefts. Agents hit 6 different Businesses today suspected on illegals working there and are suspected to be involved in stealing American citizens Identities in order to purchase cars and other items. Officials say the American tax payers of The State of Texas are spending an average of 3 Billion a year on illegals to provide them with welfare and health costs and is expecting that number to reach between 5-6 Billion in the fiscal year of 2007 if they don't take a stand to protect there borders. The Officials said they going to take every step possible to weed out all the illegals they can and go after any Business or Associate providing work or homes for illegal immigrants.

I say way to go Texas about time American people stand up and do whats right for the American people because it's something the Government wont or doesn't want to do!!!!
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace,! or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
  3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the person should work to become a legal citizen instead of coming here working getting paid in cash and stealing American Citizens Identities. What the most people don't understand is that illegals that are here don't want to be a legal citizen because if they do that, then wouldn't be able to have there babies for free. They want to come here an earn cash money pay no taxes and get free health care and thats a fact!
  4. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

They also did some stings on the Swift and Company meat packing plants, they hit six of them in different states. One of them is about an hour away from me in minnesota.
  5. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

No fence would be needed if they didn't have employers jumping at the chance to give them a job. Supply and demand . Economics 101. Hell , one magazine has a entire section in Spanish to train them. Oh yeah, thats just for the H2B workers who are legal!! Right! We better learn to speak Spanish if we want to read that magazine and other trade periodicals in the future. Hispanics are the fastest growing pop. in the country. The war on illegals is just like the war on drugs. It gives some Americans enforcement jobs to make the rest of us think they have control. HAH!!!! I can hear some politician now running on a platform to control illegal immigration as his opponent , Mr. Lopez, runs on free health care. Jeez, who will win that race in a border state? Your taxes will pay for that cheap lawn cut. can you speak Spanglish?
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Teddy is spinning in his grave.

I was at the Home Depot a few weeks ago trying to buy something, I don't remember what it was. I'm looking at the boxes trying to get a better description and there wasn't anything on the box in English!
  7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

5 more years and I will heve to change my name to Juan Tomas just to get work. People will think I'm an illegal and my prices must be cheap. I'll speak broken english-spanish [spanglish] and wear a hat with the mexican flag on it. El trabajar cheapo!!!
  8. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

More anti-Mexican talk. Just keep in your mind...if you can...most if not all service companies in this country could NOT operate with "American" labor. And don't start with the "they don't pay enough". Most "Americans" do not, will not work. These are the facts.

The "Americans" have also spoken with their vote and their wallet. They are willing to pay more taxes as long as they can have their .99 hamburger and their yard cut for $20. Remember what this industry is......Service.
  9. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

What Americans are you talking about? Most Americans want IAs gone. Period. That's why polititians are all of a sudden making it their main concern. They know who their voters are. I live near the Swift plant in Colorado and the news showed family members of the illegals protesting the ICE officers and shouting "this isn't right". Well, stealing my SS# so your cousin can sneek into the country and get a job isn't right either. These people come from a country that has very few rules and not very many people to enforce the few rules they do have. When they come here, our rules seem alien to them. One rule in paticular deals with car registration, insurance, and drivers licenses. License, we don't need no stinking license! If you live in an area with a lot of IAs you know what I'm talking about. You go to get in your car and you notice the tags are gone. And you will pay more for car insurance to pay for all the IAs that are driving around without it. That's a fact. IAs cost us more that we'll ever know. Just so companies like Swift can become the "Super Walmarts" of their industry. Think about all the family-run outfits they put out of business. If you don't think it could happen in our industry, you're naive.
  10. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

I agree with mojob...but it unfortunatly runs even deeper than that...a lot deeper. The sad stats show that over 70% of illegals are hired by individuals. Traitor trash....they don't mind making a quick buck at the sacrifice of their grandkids future. Only 2% actually pick fruits and veggies. 95% of Californias most wanted are Illegals. Lovely isn't it?