Texas Irrigation Exam

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by dlee1996, Apr 12, 2008.

1. dlee1996

dlee1996 LawnSite Member

I will be taking my Irrigation Exam on Friday and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me. I took the class 2 weeks ago and have been going through the book since then. Just wondering if anyone remembers stuff that was on there that I should really study. Thanks for any help.
  2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Remember to MANIFOLD all jobs, no matter what the cowboys tell you there. Big points for this on the test.
  3. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

welcome to the forum..

At least you will be the first for getting it. I have yet to see marked trucks etc...<kidding>
  4. dlee1996

dlee1996 LawnSite Member

Anymore tips?
  5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Well, if they ask you about the pressure loss in a zone of seven spray heads spaced fifteen feet apart, and using two gpm each, on a run of one-inch poly pipe, you will scarcely believe how all over that question we are. :p
  6. gsxr1100

gsxr1100 LawnSite Member
    from mobile

poly in texass...LOL..
  7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

your right..

no way they will smarten up...
  8. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I took the test back in Oct.

1. Make sure to have your ruler with you, 12 questions on the test was using that thing. Also have a good working calculator, without it, you will not pass.

2. Know how to figure out the drip calculations, how much line you need and GPH.

3. Memorize your formulas, when you get to the test, write them on your scratch sheet of paper as soon as possible so you dont forget.

4. Dont rush your test, its an eight hour test, use all the time.

5. Know your backflow stuff and the differences between them.

6. They will give you information that will break the velocity and such in a system, just use the figures that are on the chart based off them, if you go down to the ones that are in the correct velocity you will get the question wrong. Just use what they give you.

7. Make sure you write the correct test number on your answer sheet, stupid mistake could cost you several months.

8. Relax, and dont think that about 30% of the people in the room will pass the test. Good Luck.
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When did we start giving straight to the point answers to a question? :) Good little tips. use them wisely young jedi.
  10. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Opps :hammerhead::hammerhead: I keep forgetting that straight to the point answers just solve questions and not lead to confusion, I will work on fixing that =)

10. Choose "C" if ever in doubt, i did for the whole test and passed with flying colors