1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Texas LCOs - Gen Liability Ins

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Armadillolawncare, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering what other Texas LCOs are paying for liability insurance and who the insurance is written by? I know I hear about LCOs in other states getting insurance thru companies like Erie for just a few hundred bucks and would like to know if any Texans have found a low cost offering. I am insured thru Hartford for 1 million in gen liability and it costs me $1200.00 per year. Who do you Texas guys use and what does it cost?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea Mine is about the same...

I would have to go look up to see who the carrier is, But I have 2 trailers, 1 truck, 1 ztr,
    2 blowers 4 weedeaters, 1 wb, 2 21" mowers.
  3. tntrex

tntrex LawnSite Member
    from TX

I just asked for a quote today. Insurance guy said it will be a few days till he knows how much it costs. He did say there was a 1,000 deductable. wow. Only thing on my trailer worth over 1 grand is the mower. Is this normal?
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Armadillo, I have a $2M General Liability through Scottsdale Insurance. My workers comp is through the Hartford.
    Between the two of these I am paying right at $8K/year.
  5. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder why the cost varies so much between what we have to pay hear in Texas and what some others are paying in other states.
  6. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

I'm confused:confused: I thought that Liability Ins. was to cover anything you damage not to cover your stuff?

Because everything is Bigger in Texas!:cool2: ....I'm sorry, could not resist.

Armadillolawncare...I bet you seen that coming.:walking:
  7. Bear's Total Works

Bear's Total Works LawnSite Member

This would be what you are looking for:

Ohio Casualty Group # 1-800-843-6446
    there the cheapest that I have found.
  8. tntrex

tntrex LawnSite Member
    from TX

Nope. He said " 1012 year for 1mil. liability and 380 for equipment protection. 1400 a year." No wonder no one here carries insurance. We should've gotten into the insurance business apparently!
  9. Bear's Total Works

Bear's Total Works LawnSite Member

I dont under stand what there problem is for insurance in texas here in tenn fir 1 million and the equipment it's only 419.00 per year
  10. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I pay $1200 a year for a one million dollar liability policy and a $40000 inland marine that covers all my equipment. The insurance company is right across the river in Oklahoma, but she can insure Texas folks I believe. They are an independent insurance company, but I think the company she used was American something. Her name is Stephanie and it is Miller Insurance in Antlers Oklahoma. Lets see.....number is (580) 298-9990. It is a small insurance office and she is just a hometown girl. It would really help her out, and she is awesome about faxing and emailing bonds for cities and commercial accounts pretty fast.