Texas, need help locating Pesticide Applicator insurance....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ampeg76, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to finding a reputable insurance provider for pesticide applicators. I checked with some local agents such as State Farm, but none provide this nor could point me in the right direction. I'm thinking of going with 1 to 2 million in coverage if that is of any help. Thanks for your time and patience!

cheers
    mike

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I would double check with State Farm, our agent swore there was no way to insure us. He retired and the new guy wrote the policy, no problem other than we had to pick up a couple of accounts mowing. Guess they didn't want to insure a spray only operation. Might be different state to state, but I would double check anyway.

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

ampeg 76, the only insurance underwriter for pesticide applications in Texas we have found is Scottsdale Insurance.
    For some particular reason that no insurance nitwit has explained, Scottsdale is the only underwriter.
    As I understand it, most insurance agent's can access Scottsdale. However, get used to being bent over when premium payment comes due.
    PM me for more details.
    Steve

4. GrowinGreeninc

GrowinGreeninc LawnSite Member

not sure about texas but we have erie in nc and they provide a pesticide rider at no charge I have 2mil and pay appro 800 per year. weisberger in ohio also specializes in spray companies.

5. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

it can be tough to find

6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

you will need a commercial insurance agent to insure you properly and to be able to watch out for your best intrest. Dont get me wrong state farm has goo dinsurance i have my personal insurance through them but all my business insurance is through a commercial provider.

7. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Try Captial Risk Underwritters they insure only pest control companys e-mail me if you want there phone number

8. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member