1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

texas roadhouse

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IMoLwnz.com, Feb 2, 2008.

1. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

Looking to Bid (get in on) a new Texas Roadhouse coming to town.

Has anyone bid on these and what insight do you have?

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Bid on one last spring. A young manager shown me the property, and said he has been doing it on sundays:laugh:. Anyway there was approx 1/3 acre to mow, blow the parking lot. Keep 105 shrubs trimmed, that definiately needed it then. He also wanted mulch installed.

Here is my bid

18 yd dbl grnd hrdwd
    trim shrubs
    clean-up litter

weekly service
    mow, blow keep shrubs trimmed
    $ 650 / mo

I was told he thought it was too high but he'll let me know:laugh:
    I still haven't seen anyone doing it, but it does look better
  3. blueplate

blueplate LawnSite Member

As a past restaurant manager (hence the blueplate). It always came down from above to squeeze the lawn guy and the plowing guy. I think most restaurants look at price before quality. What I've done is give quotes my best shot and then always said something like "I really sharpened my pencil on this, it may not be the lowest bid, but you guys have too good of a restaurant to have a cheap look. If your not happy - call me maybe we can customize the quote." I never tell them I can go lower. Restaurants can usually have a budget to "COMP" meals, so don't be afraid to barter too.