Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

There is a FL forum section on here and I thought it would be nice to be able to talk with Texas members who deal with similar local issues. Chime in with some info about who you are, what your company does, your head count, and annual sales. I'm sure this thread will generate some useful info if we can get some decent participation.

Gilbert/ likes this.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

David, can I join in? Not many Louisiana guys for me to chat with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. PlantscapeSolutions

Your close enough we'll let you in. We'll take pity on you :rolleyes:

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I'm in Houston, tx so count me in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. terryslandscape

terryslandscape LawnSite Member
    from Katy Tx

I am in Katy TX, count me in......
    Think we will get a freeze this year like the last two leading to a PVB crisis.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

I go through your area every now and then when I go to Altex in Alvin. Jay used to be the primo source for for Meds. and Pindo's. His wife died and the drought and economy took a bite out of his business. He's also a bamboo guy as well but I rarely use bamboo.

Groundworks in Alvin has diversified into all sizes of Meds and Pindo's and may be my next source of palms if Jay doesn't have what I need. These places both have very good prices.

7. drenchedlawn

drenchedlawn LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Frisco Texas (North Dallas) and I'm in also. Lookin forward to it.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

Did your area ever have water restrictions last year? When I went to the TNLA Expo in August I was amazed at how perfectly green some of the places were in Dallas. We went to once a week in September and will go to every two weeks in the spring the way things are looking. At 100 F it's not going to matter if it's a 7 or 14 day watering cycle because all the lawns will turn brown.

9. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

San Antonio is on the list...its about time texas is put on the list.

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Well thank you. I was in Texas from May-Aug of 2004 at Fort Hood, preparing to deploy to Iraq. The many drunken nights in Kileen, TX.
    Posted via Mobile Device