Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I probably need to be more motivated myself and work on making and marketing the system I came up with to secure push mowers using no straps, pins, or any moving parts. The system mounts on the inside wall of your trailer and only protrudes a few inches. You can get your mower secured or removed in all of two seconds. Kind of like a Pro Locker for push mowers but with zero moving parts and it does not protrude much (2-3") into the work area at all. My current one is mocked up out of wood but I'm going to get a shop to weld me up some durable steel versions at some point.

It's amazing to me that nobody else has come up with a simple push mower securing system. When I say simple I'm not talking about a bungee cord either!

3. TCW

TCW LawnSite Member

We grossed just over $350k last year, but that's for the whole company- landscaping, parking lot sweeping, pressure washing, and miscellaneous exterior maintenance services. 2 people mowing, 1 employee sweeping nightly.

We set a goal of 500k this year, and so far we are on track to surpass that pretty handily. We hired 2 to help with landscape (but Dad, the owner, doesn't mow more than 1-2 properties a week anymore- so essentially adding 1 guy), and expanded our sweeping to another town and hired another guy.

All commercial accounts. We pride ourselves on being a one-stop shop for everything exterior, and managers really like the idea of calling us to handle everything related to their exterior appearance.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You guys running 350K with 3 men crews? How?

Can not be pure service work! How much are you doing after cost of materials?

5. TCW

TCW LawnSite Member

Not 3 men crews, a single 2 man crew. We probably are 80% service...pressure washing and parking lot sweeping are high margin lines of business if priced right. This is our 9th year of parking lot sweeping and 7th of landscaping.

Our EBITDA for 2011 was right around $100k.

6. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw this thread. Checking in from San Angelo, where we are about to be in stage 3 drought conditions.

7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

We caught a break and went back to watering twice a week in mid summer here in Austin. We all better hope this El Nino pans out and it floods the crap out of us this fall and winter.

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

That is a lot of gross income for maintenance operation with they few MH's

9. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Up here we been getting a lot of rain for August.

10. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

we are back to stage two restrictions....one day a week watering...lame-