Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Is anyone else on here a weather nut? If you can sit and watch a good lighting show for hours on end and not get board your a weather nut. Texas is a great place to be a weather fanatic since you can watch storm start to roll in from 100 miles away and then watch them march off for another 100 miles. Tonight I can see see lighting on the cloud tops off to the southeast near Victoria 100 miles away from where I'm at in Buda.

2. Bayou Man

Bayou Man LawnSite Member

I'm in South Louisiana and get different opinions on this topic. Which is a better pre-emergent applied in the fall? Atrazine or Simazine? Also, does anyone have experience with Spectacle Flo Pre-Em?

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer Simazine because it is safer for Bermuda and is not as mobile in the soil
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Oh Boy, I think I found out I am not collecting sales tax correctly.

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx94_105.pdf

a city near me only has 8% sales tax..... according to this, I think I should be collecting their 8% plus my city's .25% special crime tax to reach the maximum of 2% over the states 6.25%

What say you?
    Besides the thing is confusing as all get out.

5. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

LOL

I tried

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I ran into the same thing last year. Your almost better off to be living in a city with 8.25 tax so you charge the same tax to everyone.

7. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I believe you charge the rate of where your office is located and not where the actual work was done...

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It is the other way around. Use tax is based on point of delivery.

9. Turf Dawg

I think you charge the people in your county based on your location but if you do work in a different county you have to code it for that county and use that tax rate for them.
    That stuff is pretty confusing to me also, like not charging tax for trimming a tree but charging tax to haul off the limbs and if a retaing wall is for erousion not charging tax for the labor but if it is just for looks you charge for everything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Turf Dawg

How many of you are going to be at the CEU training on Coit RD Nov 1st
    Posted via Mobile Device