Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I need to go for sure.

Thanks for the reminder

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Pre registration was over Friday but I think you can register at the door for 15 bucks more
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I got called out of town last week and not home when my reminder on outlook dinged.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I dang near forgot myself. I remembered Friday about 4:30. Last year it started about 30 minutes late because of all the wrecks around. I hope it is just the normal traffic this year. I do not know how yall that live down that way deal with that stuff, being from a small town it drives me crazy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Duekster

from DFW, TX

We try to get ahead of traffic early for one thing.

6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I stand corrected.

I did get a note from the Comptrollers office.

Sad part is I hired a Quickbooks Pro-advisor to set up my sales tax way back when I got started. :cry:

Oh well, spent the day ammending 4 years of returns and cost me about cost me about 500.00. Well not really cost me that much as it was taxes owed but I did not collect them in Arlington.

I have cleared out all the old tax items in quickbooks, adjusted all the invoices for the last 2.5 years or so. Entered the payments and have the accounts balanced. Fun way to spend a Saturday.

I am still not sure when the use tax come in to play. Perhaps when you live in a place that does not charge the full boat but do service some where that does.

I hope the state send the extra 6K to my city soon. :waving:

7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Is anyone else doing the holiday lights sales and installation thing? I spent $3K on direct mail and have a $3800 job sold from it and a few similar sized estimates outstanding.

My own customer base should be spending at least $5000 on new product. Advertising holiday lighting is a good way to expand your customer base. Plus mowing work dies in November when holiday work begins. You get install work in November and take down work in January. This is my fifth year doing this but I should have been doing this a lot longer.

The goofy lights in the window are not from me!

Large Wreath.jpg

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

looks good--
    BTW--do you do anything in Spanish Oaks?

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I do Seven Oaks, Barton Creek, and we drive right by on the way to Lakeway but I have yet to get a customer in Spanish Oaks. I had one cheapskate call this year about biweekly service trying to low ball her current guy I'm sure. I didn't even go bother to look at it. I'm wanting to get a few clients in there.

10. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Nice! Are you doing a lot of light jobs?