Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Ahh, I was thinking of partstree.com.

2. PlantscapeSolutions

Watch out Austin area guys. I've been really lucky and in 12 years we never had anything stolen until today. My guys were in a backyard in west Austin today on Ridge Oak Drive and when they came back around the corner to the front yard they saw two black guys in a Ford truck in the process of pillaging my trailer.

We were lucky we scared them off before they were able to grab much. They made off with one two week old $500 Echo blower. They were two more blowers, articulating trimmer, Honda commercial mower, and about four hedge trimmers in the trailer so it could have been much worse.

I've got to have one of my workers talk to a bilingual APD cop tonight and fill out a report. Slim chance of ever getting the blower back but I'm giving the bastards a free pass by not filling out a report.

3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

We got hit twice last year...2 weedeaters and then aleaf blower which the guys let sit out in the front yard while they were in the back.

I bought some coated cables and have them in the back of the truck to make it more difficult...I was livid that my guys left gear unlocked anyways...

4. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

5. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Was the blower locked and they cut yhe chain?

6. PlantscapeSolutions

I have a 16' enclosed trailer like the pics show. With a three man crew someone is usually always in sight of the trailer so we have been lax about locking it up. My guys had gone into a backyard to take care of a large native area and should have locked it up.

enclosed.jpg

500.jpg

7. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I am working toward a policy of adding money to a savings account. Equipment repairs and replacements will come out of that fund and 50% of what is left will be paid into bonuses each quarter.

Seems landscapers are easy targets for thieves.

8. rduty

rduty LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Razors Edge Lawn in Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke. It's growing out here.

9. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I grew up in Fort Worth but now live and work out of Lewisville/Flower Mound area.

10. PlantscapeSolutions

My daughter saw this snake under my wife's care at noon today. I didn't know what it was so I was cautious at first. First I checked for rattles and saw none. We caught a Cottonmouth last year at a property near my house and wanted to rule that out since Cottonmouths are a snake worth killing.

It turns out that this was a Whip Snake. That are not poisonous but will try to strike if cornered but not quite as aggressively as a Rat Snake. I tried to get a closer up shot but the snake bit at my camera lens and then took off. The whip snake is very quick an d most of the time it will probably get away before you can catch it.

The snake has some dark looking broken looking black bands that are hard to see that go over it's back. The belly is a bright white color with a hint of yellow.

Whip Snake.jpg