Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

2. Hope Landscaping

Hope Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How's everyone's season going?

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

It still seems like a good year. Referrals are back on track again in a way they haven't been since 2008. April and into early May have been strangely cool which is a good thing since we've been mostly dry here for a few weeks.

May and June are historically the wettest months of the year so if there hope for some drought busting for Lake Travis and the Edwards Aquifer it's likely to come in the next five weeks. We are so past due for a rain event from hell that it's just ridiculous. We'd kill here to get the flooding Houston had recently.

4. advancedLawn10

advancedLawn10 LawnSite Member

What is the going rate in Austin for a crew leader and general laborer for a lawn maintenance crew. My son and his mom are relocating to Austin so she can finish up some school and I was just curious about what everyone pays their guys down in Austin. Salary or by the hour.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

You other San Antonio thru Austin area guys hopefully are loving this surprise rain event. I was really bummed the storm with tornado's only put down sprinkles in Buda and nothing more. It looks SA has been the bulls eye for the heavy rain at 7" and still going. I wish the 4" that fell in central Austin and the airport had fallen further west in the Lake Travis basin. Rain baby rain! Bring it on!

6. Hope Landscaping

7. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

i hear you Aaron. it's been challenging this year, but i am not complaining.

grass is growing FAST around here, isn't it?

i've had to work a few Saturdays this year to catch up, but that's okay.

would rather have the rain and weeds, then the death sun of august and drought :D

or course for me, raining on monday doesn't put me behind, as my 34 accts don't keep me busy 8 hours a day/5 days a week... only mowing about 26 or 27 a week at the moment (not all are weekly clients).

rain on thurs or friday hurts, but i will still take it over august ;)

8. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I will take the rain over drought any day in June, July and August

9. Hope Landscaping

I'm right there with ya, no complaining.

10. PlantscapeSolutions

Have any of you guys ever been to the Dallas Market Center? They have a lot of permanent year round trade displays. I went there to check out holiday lights. They had areas for high end rugs, interior furniture, patio furniture and a bunch of other stuff.

The TNLA Expo is coming up again in Dallas also. I get CEU's for my applicators license by going to the training they put on prior to the Expo. I just got my reservation at the Omni.