Texas TNLA Expo Houston

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Aug 18, 2012.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

For any of you Texas guys who did not go to the Expo this year or ever you are really missing out. It's amazing the amount of out of state growers who come as well. Florida sends the most but there were growers from probably ten other states as well. Everyone wants a piece of the Texas market.

1. The first picture is Glen Flora and their new sales girl next to a 60" Live Oak just like the one I purchased from them last year.

2. The second picture is Native Texas Nursery who is in my local Austin area. They are the best source for 10g & 30G Mountain Laurels as well as some other sizes. Plus other stuff.

3. The third picture is Groundworks from Alvin and they always brings some big stuff to add some wow factor.

4. This fourth picture did not come out as well but it is Alfaro's booth with a huge Persimmon, Mountain Laurels and other stuff. He always brings crazy stuff to the show as well.

Rancho Encino was missing this year for the first time. They always bring some big stuff as well. I think they are still hurting from the glut of Live Oaks on the market from the market slow down coupled with the fact that way too many growers were big into Live Oaks.

To be in Texas and not go to a show like this in your home state seems just plain crazy to me. Applicators like myself and irrigators were able to attend training and get their CEU's for the year as well.

I went out partying with Matt and some of the Palmco guys from Pine Island Florida and had a good time. Anyone else go to the show?

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7656.jpg

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I did not go. No time to go and I am in N texas so the trip was long.
    Bad time of year for a show like this if you ask me.

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You can't have the show from November thru about April because much of the show material would not be ready. The busy season for growers and landscapers tends to run from as early as March to as late as June. By the time August gets here the insanity for growers and landscapers has settled down. It's hard to find a time that works for everyone but August is actually a logical time to have the show when you weigh in all the factors.

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Makes sense of them I am sure. Just not for a busy landscaper.

5. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

I was there on Saturday, was a good show this year... found a few new products that we liked. Seems to me as the years go by there are less and less equiment at the show. I've been attending since i was a child and this was one of the best years I've seen. We got to meet Dina Dwyer Owens of The Grounds Guys and we are going up to Waco next weekend for orientation and the Dwyer Group Headquarters.

6. Mondragon Lawn Serv

Mondragon Lawn Serv LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Wish I would of known about this. Looks very informative, definitely gonna look for it next yr

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

THinking of going the franchise route????

8. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

tried to get Ed to go, he was busy though--

any new innovative products at the show that impressed you?

9. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I saw her on undercover bosses.

I wonder what they actually bring to the table.

10. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

We are looking into it... i'm good at what i do just not good at the business end of it, we are going this weekend to check it out and learn more about it.