Texas TNLA Expo Houston

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Aug 18, 2012.

1. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

You could always hire somebody that is?
  2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Be very careful and do not agree to anything up front.

I have not seen them advertise much in my area and I am in Dallas.

The beauty of a franchise more than any thing else is national / regional advertisement pools.

The second best is a program which you have to learn and manage yourself.

You can learn the second half yourself. If you watched Undercover Boss you saw one guy not follow the program. He was an ass but the 10 step program might not be better than the one you can buy from this website Moose River Media. I know there are other good management programs too.

None will cost you 3 to 5 % off the top year after year.

Not saying Franchises are bad, they are good for many people and often work well. They will not fix a lot of problems and they often want a lot of money up front.

I would love to meet with them myself to see what they offer. My opinion at this time is they should offer a lot of assistance just to get their brand going.

Let us know how it goes.
  3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

For 3% plus an upfront investment that is an option.

find out how much of that 3% goes to advertisement in your area and how much national.
  4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I was probably in too much of a hurry this year and checked out everything pretty quickly and hit the road. I made my rounds and said hi to a bunch of different people I knew working some of the booths.