Texas

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by usmc2033, Jul 24, 2003.

1. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Anyone from Texas on this thing?

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Well I lived ther all my life......Navy brought me to Ct.

Where bouts in Texas?

3. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

College Station. I am new to this thing and thought I would see if some locals used it as well. Where were you from here and how the heck did you end up there. Don't you know its cold up there?

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey usmc...........know how to gat a one armed aggie out of a tree??;)

I grew up in SA..Went in the Navy and ended up here after a 5 year stint in Scotland.

Cold??? I think not... Its summer ya know...

Luv the 4 seasons up here and the money that goes along with it..:D

5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Pearland, outside of Houston, here.

6. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Well where's SA? And I know about where Pearland is. OR used to. Did you get much Hurricane action down in Pearland? Is it still in tact? I bet you need head lights on your mowers to get caught up.

Well for everyone I am new to this forum thing but have been studying it every night for a month or so after mowing til dark and love the ideas, suggestions, etc. and wanted to try and actually talk to someone.

I do have a prob cutting this one particular yard though and the grass is St. Augustine. I am a rookie to the lawn business (third year part-time) but have 21 accounts and mainly St. Augustine and no probs til now.

After I am done I look back and there are sprigs sticking up every where from where the tires were and I do overlap. I am mowing this particular yard entirely with push mower (snapper hi vac) and yes the blades are sharp.

Any suggestions?

7. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome USMC2033

Live in San Antonio, lived in Austin, have some accounts there.

8. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Thanks A1. I bet you are busy after all the rain ya'll had. I have a very good friend that lives down that way. He lives in Helotes. Pretty country.

I am trying to figure out all of these icons, symbols, etc...

I would appreciate any tips.

9. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Grass was growing TALL but some of the yards I was doing today were already dying out with the heat.

My customers in Austin don't water very often - like maybe when they wash their cars.

Next time you post, hover the arrow over each one and it'll say what it means. Is that what you were asking?

10. Clint

Clint LawnSite Member
    from Texas

im in tyler