1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Jan 28, 2014.

1. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Do any of you text clients?

I get about 2 or 3 people a year that want an update on the job at hand while they are out and as requested from them I can just text them, no need to call.

I find it handy but for some reason since it's my personal phone ( I'm completely compensated) I also find it to be unprofessional. It's weird to get a response back from a woman ' Thx for your hard work! You are awesome! :) '

Occasionally I'll text pics, but I prefer emailing it to them over my phone instead.

I brought this up because the other day I texted a woman as she requested an update . I sent picutres. A while later she texted back saying thank you . I responded back an hour later as I was busy with your welcome.

However I caught her in the middle of a dirty text and it replied to me as she wasn't paying attention. I find it to be effing hilarious.. needless to say she was very embarrased.
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Screenshot or it didn't happen!
    Seriously thats hilarious but yes i text customers an sometimes i wish i didn't but for the most part its great because i don't get stuck on the phone with them. Its a quick way to exchange info
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. ACP Services

ACP Services LawnSite Member

I text customers all the time, but most of my customers are long time customers that I have close relashionships with. I also love taking pictures of broken items that need to be repaired and sending it with the smartphone to the customer, it generates a lot of extra work. So unless you just feel uncomfortable doing it I would say it is a good thing.
  4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I can sense that you're feeling very uncomfortable with this dirty texting lady Mitchell. If this continues, feel free to use my number 1-800-1idejim and I'll try to resolve the situation.

Boy, the things I put myself through for my friends. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I have considered giving clients a discount for texting and email only. Stop calling me already since I'll have to answer or return the call after checking voicemail. Flurry storm of calls every Spring.

I have considered getting visual voicemail. Google has something but I haven't jumped through all the hoops...okay none of the hoops zero clue how it works...yet.

I don't think texting is unprofessional. Total strangers even the ladies text me. I even get text from StarBucks employees who I don't know, "hey coffee grounds are here for you".

My main biz numbers all forward to my cell eventually.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

What exactly gave you the idea that your client was dirty texting...? Must be missing something here...? Did you get a pic...? I'm always the last to know. :rolleyes:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya. What did the dirty text say lol
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey mitchgo:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer email. I don't text for personal so checking texts isn't something Im used to doing.

We do quite a bit of texting with our clients.
    Makes it short and sweet for us
    Posted via Mobile Device