Texting

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Just don't you worry about it Dana, those that count got your number just fine. :)

Happy landings next weekend. :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

I hate when folks ask for my cell...even if I did, it would go to voicemail anyways. same as our main number...
    I got a google voice number for free and have it forewarded to my phone...it comes up as 'google voice' so I know its a business call..the message I have on there tells them they have reached the emergency line...most people don't call it more than once...also can turn off the forwarding at night....best thing is...it texts me a pretty good transcipt of what was said and also emails me the message.

3. I HATE TEXTING!

So many reasons, but maybe its because I'm to old fashion and realize one very very important thing, its easy to send an email or txt....YOUR FIRED!....but to do it in a voice call, it is harder
    Seriously, I find it sad that people have lost the ability to communicate in a humane way and in a service industry like ours...personalization is the game.

I also hate texting for this, the biggest reason of all....dollar tree is getting rich off my uncle and me by selling us reading glasses.......these 50 year old eyes just cant read like they use to.

John

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I did delete it. The text wasn't super dirty.. But enough to understand it wasn't for me nor her husband..

Every few months I'll order up a pizza down the road.. They have a automated system that texts me all the info regarding the transaction and ETA. I loved it

The other week I went to the dentist. They sent me a text 2 weeks and 1 week prior to remind me. I think it's awesome.

Texts should be for an informational stand point if you do text, the converstation should be severely limited.

The other day I texted this landscaper guy that occasionally provides us work.. I can't stand the guy at all, he's an idiot and a huge micro manager even though he doesn't know what hes talking about. I Called him one night to give him a update.. I spent about 12 min on the phone with him which should have been a 2 min convo but because he doesn't understand what Im saying he had to re-word everything back to me step by step.. So I texted him the next day the following to explain the completion of the job. It was great because he didn't ask me any questions and understood everything I said.

5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

My life would be a nightmare if I didn't text customers. Keeps me from spending more time than I already do with a phone to my ear. Yes it does have its downsides but I'd rather have someone sending me too many texts instead of talking my ear off. I use it a lot to confirm different things with customers.