TGCL Flags are a flying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by pema, Feb 16, 2005.

1. pema

pema LawnSite Member

I'm just getting started measuring lawns for new customers. I counted 10 TGCL flags in one neighborhood. Anyone have any idea what they are putting down now? Seems to be four or five weeks too early to apply Pre-EM unless they plan on another Pre-EM application in Late March or April.

2. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

If you read those flags up close I swear they say, "Hey man, want another customer?"
    I'd go after them. They were calling my customers on Jan 3 and spraying on the 10th...

3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

They have to start now to get their 20 applications down for the year! :dizzy: I once saw them in Feb applying their pre M in eastern Iowa! Claimed the melting snow gave better contact with the soil, the water carried it down. I would make a special flyer to leave on the doors of those customers showing the benifits of fewer apps, and better timing!

4. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

We are doing 4 pre-emergents a year but here in Dallas the weather has been a beautiful 60 to 75 degrees for the last couple of weeks and the weeds are starting to grow in abundance. We passed out flyers today in a new sub-division and every yard was covered in henbit and thistle.

I am not the expert my husband is *I just do the admin. stuff* and I asked him why we did four and he said in his experience a second pre-emergent gives him a better control, helps keep the service calls down and promotes an over all better health for the yard when coming out of hibernation.

He says you wouldn't want to put fertilizer down right now but a liquid pre-m now followed up by a granular with fert for the next application has produced for us some awsome looking yards :)

I welcome ya'll to promote my education by offering your comments as I have learned so much and have so much more to learn :)

5. MIDWEST25

MIDWEST25 LawnSite Member

here in k.c.,mo. the tg/cl branch has taken over 2000 cancels since 01/01/05. They have probably done that many apps already