TGCL huge price increase.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlg, Apr 6, 2010.

1. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

TGCL was out hanging door flyer's today. I talked to one of the guys as I was giving an estimate for a customer. He tells me that TGCL raised their prices by as much as 15 bucks on some customers. He also said they are hell bent on trying to make money this year. We have had an exceptional amount of calls from TGCL customers because they were peeved at the huge increases. I making whatever deals I can to get these people as customers. As anybody else seen an increase in calls from TCGL customers?

2. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

No more than usual.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Around here they target and lowball lawns that have fert flags. $50 lawn gets a $35 flyer from Trugreen.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I'd have to see it to believe it.....

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am not surprised!

I heard last year they were going to raise their prices but never seen it!

That is what you have to do when you are not making money.

Hopefully they can price themselves out and make it even that much easier for people to call us.

I am gonna have to hire more people. :)

SWEET!

6. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

They were in watkins glen put a flyer on the door of my customer while I was there!! I asked them if they were on rd 4 or 5 :laugh:

7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

The 14 step program to a better lawn:rolleyes:

8. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

We are lucky cause the TG franchise here is the 2nd highest company behind All American Turf Beauty. That is if the lawn is not an x lead or a guesstimate like a lot of their lawns. They also give a killer deal the first year or two then some people switch after their price is normal.

9. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

They're still cheap regardless... btw, anyone else notice that their service still sucks

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

New logos, new paint on trucks, they are advertising on television heavy again this year, and in this attempt to revamp, a new price structure. Don't let anyone tell you they don't ,make money, because the corporation makes HUGE money. Will the pricing last? With guys selling for commission and on quota,...it is doubtful. Will quality be there? Again, with $10 an hour hose jockeys running on the quota they do, - it's doubtful. Even if they DID do something different for their operators, it wouldn't take long for each store to start pushing for higher numbers, managers competing with each other, and the envelopes to be pushed again.