1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

TH350 tranny

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 77mesa4x4, May 29, 2000.

1. 77mesa4x4

77mesa4x4 Guest

So, I have a question for you &quot;do it yourself&quot;ers&quot;. I need to replace my transmission casing because of a big crack and leaking tranny fluid. My tranny was rebuilt about a year ago and it works great.(Other than the leak) What I was thinking of doing was pulling all the guts out of mine and putting them in a different case. I already have the other case empty and clean. Tranny shop wants to charge me $150 to do this! Pulling the guts out of the other one seemed like a do-able job. Does anyone know if there is any manuals on how these go back together? If I try this I would feel alot better knowing I had documentation on how things go back together. <p>77mesa4x4<br>Can't continue on my quest for better gas mileage until I fix my tranny!!!

2. Bill c

Bill c LawnSite Member

Hi I am not insulting your ability to do this but I believe you would be better of letting a tranny man tackle this job.There are a lot of parts that must all be put together correctly.