Thank god i dont mow!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kootoomootoo, Aug 28, 2003.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

I like mowing better than installs but lately Im Installing and My Guys are mowing

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I love to ride around in the sunshine and think about what a great day it is!(don't work when it starts raining).And then look at some lanscaping we did and say dang that looks good!

5. kootoomootoo

Watch too many guys busting there behind all day mowing while
    we cruise through the day and typically make more money. Guess what I am getting at is I prefer keeping one or two customers a week happy instead of 75.

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you referring to do landscape instead of mowing?
    If you're making good money why ask for a job in florida?

7. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Are installers the top of the food chain?

Some people mow, some people install, and some people do brain surgery.

If a brain surgeon said to his x-ray technician, on the way to the golf course, aren't you glad you don't do landscape construction as he was looking at you, you would think he was an schpincter. You'd be right.

When you say the same thing to someone that mows, they'd be right.

It is all a matter of perspective.

There are lots of mowing companies keeping hundreds of customers happy.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your right I am glad I don't mow or do landscape full-time. This is a part-time job for me. I like working in an office full-time at what I do and work outside part-time.

No matter what your job is their will always be someone who doesn't like your job. The only thing that matters if you like the job your doing. If you don't like your job then switch careers to find out what you do like.

Working 40+ hours a week at something you don't like is a sad life that effects your family life, health, relations with people, may get a cynical view of life, etc..

That last sentence is a little exaggerated to make a point.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Dean's,
    That last sentence is not at all exaggerated,just the truth.

10. kootoomootoo

Not having a go at lawn cutters just asking if fellow install guys are happy they dont mow and maybe why?. No need for anyone to get there knickers in a knot.

Unlike some I like to work so if I choose to work in my offseason all the better! I"ll choose outdoor work down south over snowplowing up north anyday.