1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thank God its raining today.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TNT Lawncare, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Finally......RAIN. It is so dry here. If the grass isn't being watered, its not growing. They are calling for up to 2 inches of rain today/tonight. Anyone else feeling the effects.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We are starting to dry up here again too. You combine the drought with the saturation of LCO's in my area and this years gonna suck big time.
    That the problem. You get a flood and then go another month without anything.
  3. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea. Its been drying up here but we got rain last night and this morning and there calling for more. I just hope i neaver have to experience last years drought again, that was bad. -Mitch-
  4. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

you've lived here long enough to know that is always the weather pattern here for the most part. at least for as long as i can remember (late 70's). maybe god will smile and give us another tropical system. depression, storm, or hurricane, as long as i live through it, the $$$ will come rolling in after!! i have noticed the corn around here wilting bad and the cotton looks kind of sick too :(
  5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

That doesn't mean that I ever get used to it:) Last year was very good rain wise. Always showed up just in time. A drought did hit around September and cut the year short and I hated that too. This year is worse because of the customer shortage. You just can't do that big of a volume when you do get rain. I can go 5 miles and see 10 lcos going down the road. Whole families out there mowing lawns. Just incredible:rolleyes:
  6. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

last year was exceptionally nice. you were cut short last year? i was literally MOWING into november:weightlifter:
    thank god, the tiny towns i concentrate on aren't saturated with lco's yet. it does make for some windshield time, but i have my routes planned to minimize it of course. *newusflag*
  7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah the rain is very nice indeed, I couldnt get enough at this point. LOL
  8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

The lawn season here in SW ohio has been steady so far, lots of 4,5, even 6 cuts on the month. July started dry, but getting a good soaker today, with up to 2 inches expected through wednesday. Had everyone cut on Saturday, took sunday, monday off, so looks like a working weekend coming up!
  9. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

Yes, I had t oskip a week of mowing because everything is brown. Finally on the 4th we started getting rain and it is helping out.
  10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We need the rain here as well. Yards are starting to dry a little. They are calling for 1-3 inches possibly. I hope it rains for the next 2 days and I will still be ok.