Thank God rain is on the way..hopefully

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 7, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Just checked the forecast for this upcoming week and it looks like a good chance of rain on Monday. But what I couldn't believe was Tuesdays temps...65 High and 48 Low. Is it fall already?

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

East coast says, Thank God the rain has stopped.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Thurs and Fri here were both very cool days. Perfect September weather. Too bad it's August!

Down this way, Troy, we've had a ton of rain. I would like to see a few more nice days to get caught up.

:D

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, 60's and low 70's here in MN too, plus rain all week.

Needs to be 80-90 and dry, windy, sunny for the contracts on the non-irrigated lawns to pay off. Gotta skip some yards here and there.

5. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

we got about 14in for july , we need a small drought.

6. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Here in Jersey, it was just starting to get really dry in early July and then we had torrential rains. Now the grass is growing like it's May again. A bit too much of a good thing, but it'll get us through to Sept. when it cools down. Gonna be a very profitable year.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

time for the trees to turn color and the hint of snow in the future.:D Hope it rains on Monday, don't think we will be much either way

8. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Our lawns are pretty green up here in the Genessee/Shiawassee area. Just enough rain here and there to keep them green along with very unseasonable summer temps all June/July/August. My brother was telling me the almanac is forecasting big snow this winter which is good because the last couple have been pretty weak where I am located. Gonna need the snow to pay the winter bills and pay off the new truck and plow. I am getting the plow sometime this month because steel prices are going up again and it will be $3-400 more after Labor Day for a 7 1/2' Meyer. Right now, it will run me just under $4000, in a month or so about $4400 or so. 3 years ago a 7 1/2' Meyer was $3200 out the door. Hell, my brother got his 9' Meyer 3 years ago and it cost him $4600. Thanks George.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

have you looked at the Blizzard plows???? We are having on put on this fall. They are build very strong.

10. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you get that rain the earlyer pic's were desertlike. It is actualy 70 for the highs and 55 for lows here. Usualy it's like 95H 75L. I like this low temp stuff:D
    I have not turned the air conditioners on in the last two days amazing!