Thank Goodness for Insurance!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MMLawn, Nov 12, 2004.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Ever seen a large stick that you didn't even see that came from a tree that had just been cut down being hit by blades turning at 18,500 come out the shute and impale the fiberglass side of the next door neighbors boat?? I did yesterday! ;) LOL

Thank goodness for insurance!!

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ouch!!!! I bet that wasn't pretty!

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

The damage was greater than the deductable ??

4. MMLawn

Not sure yet. Plus I may tell them or I mya counter file (if it is a high claim) to file against the company that took down the tree for not properly removing the debis. It's a long shot but I'll ask my agent anyway.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

There you go ... that's a good thought

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how big of a boat? did it make a hole? what make boat? how new/old?

7. MMLawn

It was a newer 18" Mastercraft (I believe) and yeah the stick came out like a bullet and impaled in the back half of the side sticking in the fiberglass all the way through. It was parked right on the back rear side of the driveway about 3 feet from the property line and I was actually making a turn to cut away from it when BAM!

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if it's above the waterline, it's probly $1500 repair. insurence is a waste of money, unless someone gets seriously injured. you would have been better off not having ins, and paying out of pocket. when thought of in dollars and cents, insurence is a waste of money. when thought of in terms of "peace of mind", it's worth it

9. MMLawn

It's going to be real close to the waterline depending I guess on how the boats sits in the water.

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

insurance is never a waste of money.
    if yo're a professional you should carry liability insurance. otherwise one mistake and someone could sue you and own all that you've worked for.

you know how some people are sue happy :angry: