Thank goodness for scrubs!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOSLC, Apr 19, 2002.

1. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

If it wasn't for scrubs I would probably be even further behind right now! The rain and warm weather has really made the grass grow!

I lost one account because a guy owed a busniess money. He was going to start mowing grass this year so the business owner called to talk to me. He explained that it's nothing I did, but he felt like this was the only way he could get some money out of this guy?!?!? WHATEVER! What really Tees me off is I had this account last year, and it was really starting to look good towards the end of the year. O-well, I'll just have to charge more once the scrub screws it up.

The other scrub incident involves a business also. They called and said they were really pleased with my services last year but. . . A friend of one of the partners (CPA firm) was going to start mowing this year, and they wanted to give him a chance. I can't wait to see the 40 some shrubs when he's done with them! Ha! Ha! Ha! I'll look forward to that call about the middle of summer! I just wonder if it's the same guy? I'll give him a year, then yank a few accounts out from under him!

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Go get 'em John!!! Here's what it's all about:

after7.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

That's from the yellow house next to mine to the west, I mow it for them, they're about 87 - 89 years old. It doesn't hold a stripe long and as you can see from driving by it, there's too many f'ing weeds in it!

4. cheapcuts

cheapcuts LawnSite Member
    from Boise

Well this scrubs gonna make some bucks

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah a whole $13.46 a cut!!! Woohoo! You're gonna be rich!

6. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

Yeah cheapcuts, you must be really making the bucks when you have nothing better to do at 12:06 AM???

Try maybe a highschool / college kid, who Mom and Dad are supporting, while you become a web-site "lurker", and try to get people wound up. Try another site. . . . cause we have better things to do, then screw with you!

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

cheapcuts you will never make lunch money, if you charge the prices you have meantioned in other posts on LS.

I too have been beat out by the friend of a friend, the dude that owed money.................................
    WHATEVER, I have more than enough work with out them.