thank you dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

thank you dodge for keeping 5.9-Liter HO Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine
    around please don't get rid of it. this may be my opinion
    but my perfect truck is a truck with the 5.9-Liter HO Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine and a 6 speed manual transmission. I hope the 5.9 cummins sticks around for a while at least. in the last month i found manual transmission to be almost as efficient as auto. granted that my truck is a diesel with 4:10 gears in the rear. but i think now manual transmission is ton better than auto why else would they use it in semi trucks? because its dependably.
    Of course this my opinion on based of experiences
    Man that now thats off my chest I'm going to bed:sleeping:

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

what year is the Dodge? I was under the impression the 5.9 was going bye bye & being replaced completely w/ the 6.7.

3. mower&more1986

i did a build my own truck on the website and the 5.9 was a option.

4. 04superduty

04superduty LawnSite Member

i think that thats a mistake, the 5.9 does not meed emissions requirements for 07, but the new 6.7 does. it also meets the tough 2010 requirements.

5. mower&more1986

maybe, oh well there will be plenty used 5.9 dodge trucks with stick shift anyways buy time i can afford a new truck they have any problems worked out of the 6.7

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

5.9 is gone...no more bein made. (well theyll still make em for replacements) only 6.7 with all the gay emmisions... very hard to find a new 5.9 around here, their probly all snatched up.