Thank you for all the prayers.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First, I'd like to express my deepest appreciation for all of you who prayed, and are praying for my father in our time of need. God has a plan, and makes no mistakes on undertaking all of his action that he does in this world. On Wednesday, August 4th, at approximately 6 p.m., the Lord called home the greatest man I know, my hero, and my best friend. There was multi-system failure, and just too much going on. It's hard to understand how it happened, but we were blessed with last times with him, as he regained consciousnes from his coma, was able to speak to us, and able to hear what we had to say and acknowledge that. He even sat up in bed a few times. It means so much to me to know that HE knows that I love him, and that I was able to thank him for being the father he always was. He was truly a winner, and there was never a bad memory. He went very peacefully, with no pain, with my brother, my sister, and me at his side. He deserved to go without pain. At the end, I told him it was o.k., that mom will be ok and well taken care of, and that he could go. He could go be with God, go be with grandma, and go be with grandpa, and that we were all following shortly behind. He was ready, and he was tired.
    Again, I would just like to express our thanks to all of you here, and on the other forums. God Bless each and every one of you......

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Wow. I'm tearing up a little here, Runner.:eek:

Sounds like you are at peace with God's plan. Now is the time to remember all of the good times you and your family shared with the your father. Sounds like he was a great man.

God will be with you, and provide you with strength and courage through your grieving period.

3. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

My prayers will continue to be with you and your family. It sounds like your Dad was at peace at the end. God bless.

4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

It's nice to hear you and your family had those closing moments with him. Not everyone gets that chance. As you said, this life is but the blink of an eye & you'll be with him again before too long. That indeed is something to look forward to.

5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Joe,
    So sorry to hear about your father. He will always be with you in thought and in your heart, and memories are something that last forever. So glad you and your family were there with him, I didn't get that chance and eventhough I couldn't have possibly known it was my fathers time to go it still bothers me today that I couldn't tell him one last time how much he meant, and how much that I loved him.

You and your family will be in our prayers Joe, take care.

Buck

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I'm glad you were able to say goodbye to him. I was able to kiss my grandma on the cheek and tell her that I loved her before she died. I didn't have that opportunity with my mom and dad.

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Most don't get to say the things they feel like you go to. I see my father aging everyday, and still can't speak to him that way. I hope someday I will have the courage to talk to him that way, but thank YOU for opening my eyes to what we all take for granted. God bless your dad, you, and your family.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

God be with you and your family as your dad rest with him now and is at joy and peace forever.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You and your family have our deepest sympathies. I'm glad you were able to have those few precious moments near the end with your dad to talk to him and tell him goodbye. Not only were you blessed with a great dad, he was blessed with a kind, thoughtful, and caring son. Take care,

10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Joe,

You truely are a class act! You are obviously a man w/ great love of family. God bless your family in these trying times. Peace.