1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thank you god.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by K c m, May 5, 2005.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

shut off my mower today and leaned forward to drop my 21" deck a little. well i grabed the deck and my fingers wrapped around the front. Bing Bing Bing sounded like i was mulching and i new there was a problem. It turns out the blade still had a few spins on it. it cought my pinky and cut one slice right to the top of my middle finger and the next caught my middle finger and the last spin cought all of them again. I pulled them up and there was a lot of blood lied on the grass with a rag and held the arm up to stop the bleeding. Duck taped it and continued working (and drinking asprins ha). One of the problems with footing the bill for college is that i cant pay insurance, payments etc and pay for medical. so thank u god you are the man :)
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Glad your O.K.................Lesson well learned I would expect..................
    You won't soon forget, and that's a good thing, I've got a friend who's brother in law cut off both legs on his 6 month old son...........backed right over him..................

Be careful.....................
  3. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What are you thanking god for? You cut up your fingers and have no medical insurance.
  4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

hes thanking god for not ripping his hand off. It could have been a lot worse.

atleast its wasn't like the guy that i know who mutilated his face on a mower and died.
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Man that is lucky. ;) You must have an :angel: assigned to you.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I would think it more prudent to have your conversation with God BEFORE you stick your hand under a mower.....................
  7. StealthDT

StealthDT LawnSite Member

Sounds like the time one of my guys cut his thumb slightly with a pruner while watching two hot nurses get out of a car. I said "Do you want me to drive you to the ER?"

"Nope, I'll thumb a ride with them"
  8. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i heard about a guy who tried trimmer his hedges with a 21'' mower.

Do i need to continue....lol
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Actaully happened here, two guys one on each side of a running 21 picked it up by the wheels. Couldn't believe it. Was in the oddly or strangely enough section of the newspaper several years ago. Doesn't say your location, you in AZ also?