1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thank you guys so much for the advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Here's something I think most guys will agree with ...

Ford, Chevy, Dodge ... whatever ... we all love our trucks! I've had both Ford and Chevy, and I have loved them both. My son-in-law now has my '97 Chevy that I sold him when I got my '05 Ford F-350. The day I bought my Ford I thought really hard on the way home ... "I hope I'm not making a mistake". I L-O-V-E-D my Chevy. It is a Black, 4x4, extended cab ... and the kids called it "Old Blackie" (and they still do today when they see it). Of course ... now I love my Powerstroke!

When I was younger, it seemed that I always had to have a new car every couple of years ... but with the trucks (I've owned 5 over my lifetime) ... you find one you like and you feel like you want to keep it forever!

Good luck with your Ford F-150. You'll always remember this truck.

Men ... we love our trucks!
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

That engine and transmission setup is pretty good. It should serve you well.
  3. Watwood

Watwood LawnSite Member

Good truck. My buddy has a 89 Bronco 302, 5spd. Change the oil and front and rear diff fluids (and if an additive needs to be put in for a limited slip do that) but I would just play the auto. trans by ear. I thought my S-10's (93 S-10 4.3 TBI Auto.) auto. was gonna go 2 years ago because third gear kinda shimmies, I dropped the trans oil pan, changed the filter and put in lucas trans. stuff and it still shifts like a champ today. Heck the truck even ran a 10.5 @ 65 mph in the 1/8th one night at the drag strip with a 2.2 60' time... :laugh: Beat a civic and a eclipse in the process.
  4. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

im a jeep fan.... comanche's arnt heavy duty but i like em.... the inline 6 motors last for ever.... i want a comanche next after this cherokee.... my cherokee pulls heavy stuff just fine..... comanche's are just very hard to find :\

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

My old boss had 2 '89 F-150's that kicked butt for many years...they always ran better than the newer trucks. It's hard to go wrong for $1,500 unless it dies next week.
  6. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i am a dodge guy when it comes to a light work truck a ford guy when it comes to big dump trucks and not really a chevy guy for any thing (to many problims cost to much money to fix) i have a dodge 1500 its a good working truck for mid to light duty work i never had any problims with it. now ford i really like there dump trucks and there small rangers some of them. but i use to like chevy but after we had to replace the transmission and the engine in ours with only 120,000 that was a big pos to me. and i had a s-10 with 74,000 blew a rod and the engine was more than the truck was worth so no more chevys unless there free. but the ford you got should hold up pretty well. i am defently gonna buy another dodge or ford down the road but never again will i pay for a chevy.