Thank you lawn police

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by toroking, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toroking

toroking LawnSite Member

I come here for advice and all I get is a bunch of know it all blow hards telling me about getting a license when I am just putting out some fert and spraing a few weeds. I really doubt there has ever been any good advice given....:confused:

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

You did get good advice. Know of a guy here that got fined over $5000 for not being licensed when he was spraying weeds. The Dept. of Ag don't take stuff like this lightly.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

wow. your a moron.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

There is good advice on the board most here are trying to help you,not hurt you, proper education is top in chemicals,do you really think anyone can get 100% with no knowledge.

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Except for the fact that you need to be licensed so you know what you are doing to the environment around you. Thats what the licensing process does for you. Do you really want to jack up the soil, or the ground water, or the vegetation around your client's properties by spraying or spreading something that could be potentially harmful if not applied properly? Sounds like some people were trying to give you some pretty sound advice and you just want to take an easy way out. I'm not licensed, therefore I don't bother fertilizing or spraying. I will be getting licensed this season, but I won't fertilize until then because of the liability. Then again, why listen to any of these guys... they have just been doing this way longer than you.

6. toroking

toroking LawnSite Member

so is your mom but i didnt bring that up first

7. ccash

ccash Banned

you are the main reason why there is a certification process and I am not the person to preach to any one.

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I would ignore him. Just a troll looking to get a reaction out of people. If not then he truly is an idiot and will be heavily fined when he burns some ones lawn and contaminates wells.

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

There is a reason for certification and training. To bad you fail to realize that. Those of us that are certified - the fact that we took the time to study and take the test just to have someone complain about those of us who try to do things according to the law.

You have been here a whole 5 days and are yet to offer anything of value.

10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

thats just funny. atleast this one made it obvious he is just being a jack@ass trying to get a rise out of everyone here. but like what has been said already. he will ruin someones lawn, contaminate our water supplies, and when he gets that big fine, he will learn his lesson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.