THANK YOU Lawnsite!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GPDesign1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe I'm just gettin' old and sentimental... I don't know. But I got home from the plant tonight and started thinking about what a "long strange trip it's been". :rolleyes: Now in its Fifth production year, Better Outdoor is running our "collective butts" off right now shipping equipment and it's interesting to look back on the path that brought us here.

For those of you who were not on Lawnsite back in 2001, I put up a post asking for opinions as to whether folks would be interested in buying equipment direct from the manufacturer. Good product. Great features. No compromises. Just a 30% discount from normal pricing for buying direct. The "old-timers" may remember, that post got over 50 responses in the first 24 hours, over half of which were positive. Lawnsite was a much smaller place back then and that post was receiving so much attention that I asked Sean to take it down. It got so popular that I thought it was disruptive. I didn't wanna pi$$ people off with a repetitive post... I just wanted their opinion. It'd be an understatement to say that people "weighed-in" on the subject!

Seven years later, I finally have my answer! :laugh:

Better Outdoor is now mowing grass on three Continents! What started out with one model, has now expanded to Ten models (we'll be at 17 by the end of the year!). Thousands of our Quick Owners tell us that they really like their mower (we've been blessed with an amazing number of repeat customers!). Our Owners have also made it perfectly clear that they like dealing direct with our factory. No messin' with a middle-man... We do our best everyday to deliver the kind of service that shows we ain't playin'. :cool2:

So... to Sean Adams (for his vision to create Lawnsite) and to the Lawnsite Community itself, we say THANK YOU. :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: Lawnsite represents everything that is good about the Internet.

Better Outdoor started out asking people what they wanted and then doing our best to deliver it. That always seemed like a pretty good business model to me. Apparently, a lot of you agree.

Good season everyone! :waving:

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

good to here a sucessful story

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations, I have heard nothing but positive feedback about your company's products and service.

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my QUICK 36 and the people their make the buying expierence very easy and even more important they are top class!!

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is a wonderful statement my friend and goes to show Americans can build a good product and take care of their customers if they only would. The problem is you are doing business with the same philosophy the Japanese have been using on us for a long time. Give the customer a quality product and stand behind what you sell. There just seems to be a large number of American businesses that are greedy with poor quality workmanship and as you can see it has told on them. This is the reason Toyota took it away from GM, I never thought I would live long enough to see that take place.

6. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

Now, about my 32's ship date...lol

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have any more BOP shirts?.......sz 3x

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Gary Ive Noticed you raised your Blade Speed???? Was it something i Said:laugh::laugh::laugh: I remember 2001:laugh::laugh: the PM from you:laugh::laugh:

Hay i'm going to be moving to Florida in April:cool2: I'll stop by:waving:I want to be with my Youngest Daughter.

9. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats ! GP and crew...you guys are truly all that's good about AMERICA. Work hard , provide a great product and stand behind it with UNMATCHED support and service. I am sure I speak for many here....we look VERY forward to your new creations .....:usflag:a:drinkup

10. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

Interesting to see a company representative potentially blowing support of his product by tossing out support for an odd presidential candidate...:dizzy::hammerhead: