Thank You Notes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TFL, Jul 24, 2001.

1. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

When you guys send out thank you notes do you just write a generic one or do you personalize it .:confused:

2. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

TFL,

Since starting this business 3 years ago I always send out thank you cards to all new customers? I buy them at Office Depot and then hand write a note telling them thank you for giving me the chance to be of service to them and THEIR business is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

The front of the card say's WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS in gold print then I write in my own message. Most but not all the time they will call me and thank me for sending them the card. They said they have never had anybody do that for them after buying a product of service. It goes a VERY LONG WAY!!!! In increased SALES and REFERALS.

So I say SEND them OUT to all NEW CUSTOMERS!!

Good Luck,
    Mowman

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We send cards out at x-mas time to all customers ;->

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i hope u dont leave a lipstick mark on their buttocks.

5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I write a thank you card to every customer when a job is completed. I hand write it and personalize it (although they basically say the same thing).

Each Spring every winter customer gets one too. Hand written and personalized.

Stats say that most of our business is from "past customers", and this practice appears to solidify that stat for us.

We also send out preprinted post cards for Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, July 4th, and New Years Day.

And, Christmas too (that says "Happy Holidays").

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey bobby ....... I have a secretary that does that :->
    ..... I do have an 80% customer base over 3 years old .....& 70% base over 5 years .....these people pay each month ...... 12 months a year ...... just basic service accounts represents $+ 1200 year in my pocket ....... so I'll have her kiss there ass till it's blue

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

well ok then. if thats what u want to do, go ahead. i also appreciate my customers business, and sometimes they send me a thank u note.

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank You Notes are always personilized and hand written. Most of the time they are for a referral or a new customer.
    I like the thank you notes from the customers with cash in them

:blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

9. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks should be personalized.
    I include a "Thank You" in the welcome letter I send to new clients. It's printed. I sign it.
    I also send Christmas and Easter cards.

BTW, I do leave a smudge from time to time! LOL!

Hey bobbygedd,
    I'm starting to notice a trend in your posting about your fueds with your customers.

What comes around, goes around?

Just an observation, nothing personal.
    I'm probably wrong.

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

the trend goes something like this: after all these years i am very confident in my ability, the lawns i care for, provided the customer does their end, are second to none. after years of working cheap and putting up with people who are real a**holes, i now have a policy, this is the price-period. and, i will not be abused, u piss me off, im gone, and if u think this means u r not paying the balance of yur bill, wrong, ill hound u till u cant wait to pay the bill so im gone. i thank my customers every month on the bottom of thier bill, if problems arise i deal with them accordingly, if i feel a customer is being out of line or abusive, i deal with that accordingly. i am working for myself so that i dont have to kiss butt or be abused. i thank them, they thank me. i try to make it a mutual understanding that i need them, but they also need me, we appreciate eachother. now its early and im rattling. anyway, i think the world went to crap after jerry died. what a long strange trip its been