1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curlawngreen, Apr 7, 2000.

1. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

I bid these clean-ups from your book.One @ $350.00, 1@ $250.00 and 1@ $240.00 and I took the numbers from your book and applied them to the jobs. When the writen price came out the client replied when can you be start, thank you for such a fine job, on time, on cost, most of all done on time. Thank you Phil.<br>Tim
  2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

curlawngreen<p> which book were you using?<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  3. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Labor Time Data Handbook
  4. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

Tim-<p>You have my attention. I just wonder how he can come up with numbers that are accurate when there are so many variables, especially for cleanups.&lt;p&gt;I can judge the time needed for most tasks, but cleanups are difficult for most of us from the feedback I've read.&lt;p&gt;John
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

John,<p>You really should read the book. he gives avg times for blowing beds with different equipment, hand-raking, hauling etc. I too was surprised at how close to his figures my actual work time came to. All it takes is one job that you didnt underbid to pay for the book and then some.<p>Bill
  6. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

It's a cheap enough investment that it would be worth the risk, I must admit.&lt;p&gt;John
  7. thelawnguy

Phil Nilsson will take back any book, and give a full refund, if for any reason you are not happy with it. Not much of a risk from where Im sitting.<p>Bill
  8. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Retro,<p>A friend of mine has one he doesn't use, send me you address and I'll send it to you.<p>He will want it back, but it will give you a chance to see it without parting with money. Maybe we should start a book exchange, don't know how it would work...but I feel sure it is possible.
  9. thelawnguy

i will second the book exchange idea. I have several service manuals which I no longer use, plus a couple of Phils books which were given to me which I no longer have a use for. Also a few lawn co. books for beginners I bought when I started out.<p>When I get time Ill round em up and post the titles.<p>Actually, Ill start a new discussion to involve everybody.<p>Bill<br>
  10. dhicks

dhicks Member

The was no reference to whether there is a website for the book or where to order a copy of the books by PHIL NILSSON. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.