Thank you to all my forum friends

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by starry night, Jul 18, 2012.

1. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Knox and others: I have to fall back on the old excuse that it's the photography.
    The lighting is much warmer than it would appear in these photos. I think I will probably move the fixtures in and graze a little more indirectly.

S&MLL: Volt gentle splash on a Unique uni-bracket. Got a suggestion for an LED with ample lumens and color that would fit?

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a feeling that it would be much warmer in person, carmeras often don't tell the whole truth.

3. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Oh boy! You probably don't realize that is a never-ending debate on this lighting forum.

4. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Idk i pretty much.stick to cm895s which i lamp with illumicaree 5.3 bipins. The 3000k with a frosted lens blends in nicely with 2700k mr16 led lamps
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, I like that little detail. I might be on top of my house this weekend adding a couple gutter mounts!!!

6. waterbrook

waterbrook LawnSite Member

I have put this LED in the Volt Gentle Splash, and the effect is similar to halogen. It puts some direct light on the subject and still uses the reflector to soften the light. This 4W is probably a bit hot (320 lumens) for your location, but there is also a 2W - 150 lumens LED. Specs say it is 3000K, and they appear to be right there.

I also put this LED in a Volt path light with good results.

[​IMG]

http://1000bulbs.com/product/67126/LC-LEDT34WW.html

BTW, nice work Phil!

Mitch

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  7. jana

jana LawnSite Member

Why not try a single side bi-pin and face the emitters to the back of the fixture, facing the reflector. Reduced glare, nice and soft. Works great.