Thank you to all

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Well, I have been on lawnsite for quite some time and have always enjoyed reading the stories that some people come up with. I would say lawnsite was one of the primary reasons I had such a drive for this business and it is a great resource. The business I started in 8th grade has recently been sold. I am now 19 years old and am proud to announce that I will be stepping down from the lawn care business. There were several reasons for my decisions and as I sit now, I think I have made the right one. Lawnsite and this business has taught me so much invaluable information I could never learn in a classroom that I will be taking with me from this experience. I will be heading off to college this fall and feel like I have stepped out of the business at the perfect time and with many new friends.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope to keep in contact with some of the closer friends I have made here.

I have attached some pictures of the final equipment picture and me (in green) and the new business owner (in hat).

P1000725resized.JPG

P1000732resized.JPG

P1000741resized.JPG

2. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Was it sad to see your stuff drive off?

Just curious, if you dont mind me asking...

How much did the business sell for?

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I'd like to know too. How many accounts did you have?

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

It would be tough for me, I know. But then, I'd just keep looking at the check the new owner gave me and that would help.:)

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Im considering doing the same.

6. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

I can awnser that because I sold out for college obligations to put me in position for a good career. It is sad to see your equipment drive off with out you. Its ecspecially sad to load your kubota up for the last time and watch it pull out of the driveway. Yes the money might be good, but when you want to piddle on your tractor it is worthless.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Yes it is very sad to see your equipment drive down the road without you. My heart really wasn't into the business anymore and I didn't feel like the hard work was worth the money. I will not be cutting lawns the rest of my life so I think this was the right time to make a change.

I would rather not publish the price all over lawnsite. When selling a business, I think it is important to ask yourself if you were starting out, would you pay that much for the same business? If that answer is no, you are probably getting enough money.

I do not have a love for the equipment like some people do here. Yeah it is neat, expensive, cool equipment, but if I can be doing something else making more money enjoying myself, I am all over it.

8. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations! You will be a very successful in life, and I wish you the best of luck thru your college years and on.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Best of luck! What are you majoring in?

10. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck.. From reading your posts it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders..Hop on lawnsite every once in a while to let us know how you are doing...