Thank you veterans of lawnsite!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LALawnboy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i never post much, just usually read up on the different threads, but i definitely would like to say thanks to all the veterans of this site. had a situation today with a new customer (referral from one of my well paying customers, so i felt obligated to at least take a look): went over to the house this afternoon and walked the property with the wife and gave her a price. well, she starts the old "but my last guy did it for xx amount". in the past, i probably would have given in and let that be the price. but i actually held my ground, and i surprised the hell out of my self. this lady was going on and on, and then comes the question "do you bag?" and i said no ma'am, i mulch. and without missing a beat, but my last guy used to bag and do it for such a cheaper price. (right now i'm thinking, well if that guy was so great, why did you have to call me to come out here?) well, i stood my ground again since i haven't bagged a lawn in a couple of years. well, i ended up getting the account at my price and my way of doing it. once again, i just wanted to say thanks for all the threads about dealing with customer's nonsense and how to handle it.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Todd Good Job at being a businessman. I must say that your story was familiar to me also in the old days. Its like I was standing next to you. What a good feeling when you set your terms and get your price on a job.