1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thank you!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowergirl, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Mowergirl

Mowergirl LawnSite Member

Thank you, to everone who takes the time to share your knowledge & experience in this business! The amount I have learned in the past 3 months reading is amazing, and my ideas on how to run a SUCCESSFUL lawn & landscape maintenance co. have been tweeked and redefined. Using skills I've learned here, today I put together a proposal for a development which includes about 8 acres of lawn, common areas, and a fair amount of trimming, which I am confident is competitive and profitable to the company. Where before I struggled to "guesstimate" quote figures, I now focus on true labor hours, equipment costs, square footage, etc. Feeling confident in my proposal is fantastic. If they accept it, great! If not, at least I am not losing money at this property. (Keep your fingers crossed for me... )

My hat's off to all who participate here!
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

best of luck to you, that would be awesome if you got it, i to have learned tons and tons from lawnsite, it has helped me start my business and run it greatly.
  3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with the proposal Mowergirl.

Stay tuned to lawnsite for the latest.
  4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you 110% mowergirl. LS has made me look at running my business in a whole new perspective. Hope you get it.
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Go get 'em, Mowergirl! :D

Best of luck with that new bid. I hope it turns out well for you! Keep us posted as to how it develops.

And yes, LawnSite is TERRIFIC!
  6. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with the bid, LS has helped me in more ways than I can ever think possible.

7. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

You are correct, I've learned a good deal here myself and have tweeked my business some to make more profit and I have downsized to a solo operator, so it is important to maximize what income I have based on myself, Good luck on your bid.