1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Eric

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Banned

After purchasing a dixie chopper a few weeks ago I noticed that it didn't stripe well. The machine handle great but I could not get it to stripe right. Behold after searching for the perfect stripes I found Erics page just two days ago. The deck pitch was right on and the tire pressure was great, and blades as sharp as a razor. Still I could not make my stripes look right. They allways had a lines streaking through them. Then it hit me after looking at a picture of Eric mowing. I felt like the biggest ******. I was lineing up the front wheel along the un cut grass. Just by habit and then I realized I should be lining the deck up to the un cut grass.(hope you know what I mean.) Holly **** I tried it out on my back yard and bame baseball feild stipes everytime. Operator eror at its best. I was so determined to make stripes like Eric I ordered a DC stripe kit and double blade braket, oh well, I guess the stripes will now be that much better. Finally if it wasn't for people like Eric sharing their secrets I would have never found out the problem. Maybe you might want to add this to your page, for proper striping line up the deck not the front wheel, duh. Thanks
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

thats eric for u, see those stripes at the top of this page? those are his, ur the man eric lol.
  3. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Are you sure that it was because of the placement of the mower while mowing or.....

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Nick, Welcome to Lawnsite.com and I'm glad I was a help to you. :)

The biggest reason I put up the striping page is I got so much email on how to do this. Some had never heard of striping and to keep the emails down that I get, I put it all on my website. I will add that part to my site as soon as I get some time. Maybe this weekend. ;)

Which Chopper did you get? Check out my maintenance tips page for DC's which might be a help to you also. Good luck on making your stripes picture perfect, practice - practice. :D
  5. Nick

Nick Banned

I purchased an XW 2300 60" cut
  6. Eric ELM

From what I have heard from my DC mechanic, the Kohler 23 hp has been a good one so far. He said if they replace a 22 or 25 hp Kohler for the machines they use in their lawn business, they are putting on the 23 HP Kohler. Good luck with it and enjoy it. ;)
  7. Eric ELM

Nick, I got that added and did it in big letters so it doesn't happen again. :)
  8. Nick

Nick Banned