Thanks everyone, you helped me with a big win

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Oct 5, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got the 2005 contract for a Comfort Suites and Comfort Inn (next door to each other, same manager...$22,000 for next season! My material cost came out to $5,000, so pretty good margin there. Next up on this week's attack list are right next door to that as I try to go full time next year with an Applebee's, Chili's, Friendly's, Cracker barrel, and two banks...all are within 1/4 mile area

2. g-scapes

g-scapes LawnSite Member

Congrats, that sounds very profitable. I hope you do well with the others and can rope them in also. Would be very nice to have that much so close together. Keep up the good work!

3. stizostedion_vitreum

stizostedion_vitreum LawnSite Member
    from ND

Keep up the good work....also work while your on a high...people like to work with people that are motivated and engergetic. Use todays success to reel in tomorrows opportunities.

tj

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is some great news. As I pointed out earlier make sure you have some good signage on your truck and trailer to pick up some additional work by your free advertising.

Gravely_Man

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Congratulations on the new contract. Wish I could get a contract like that.

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Hopefully, you can afford to upgrade to a Ford now.
    Crawdad

7. chevyman1

No thanks....I'm trying to make as much of a profit margin as possible, and Chevy certainly does that! Don't need to be broken down all the time like those Found On Road Dead Fords! haha....It's funny we all have such loyalties to things like this. My brother and I fight all the time about the Chevy and Ford truck debate, gets us no where! I've realized if nothing else, I like the appearance of the Chevy better than anything. This area is far more a Chevy area too...Albany, NY area that is.

8. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd rather be in a For Off Road Driving Ford, than a Cheap Heap Enjoys Visiting Repairman Over Large Engine Troubles Chevy.

But good job on the contract.

9. chevyman1

haha, that's a good one man, never heard that before....love my silverado's, same way with my Dixie Chopper!

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

ACtually Chevy if you get the other Commerical Accts then you can make the move up to a DODGE RAM....HEMI even!