1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Exmark

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Efficiency, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Both. Who said anything about cam type? I guess in its defense, anyones plugs will looks miserable next to an exmark/lawn solutions plug
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

Mine was produced in March of 2012. I have a Toro. The cogged belt that game with the machine seemed especially bad. On mine you can't release the hydros because the levers hit the casing before they move far enough to release the hydro. I now have a the threads were the left bottom bearing bolts into on the frame stripped out and there doesn't appear to have enough room to add a longer bolt and put a nut on the other side of the frame without hitting the next set of tines. At GIE I heard of machines breaking axles at 150 hours.:confused:

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, something is wrong with that aerator if the belts only last 23 hours. The original belt blew on mine at 107 hrs and that was only because the guy running it didn't back off on the hydros when it started to grunt and work awful hard. Use a Gates Hi temp, Hi load belt and make sure the pulleys are aligned.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Efficiency

from zone 6

Just got a call that the belt is off again. How miserable is that? I'm going to fight for a lemon return.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's BS would take back to your dealer today, either they fix it right asap or give your money back not like this unit was chump change. That is ridiculous!

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

There is obviously something wrong with the belt alignment. I would have them call in a factory guy if they can't fix it.

7. gbmatt

gbmatt LawnSite Member

We use a Toro that looks just like the xmark. I have been trying to figure out the difference between the two, and I guess that is it. We don't have the belt problem.

We have a spreader mounted on the front of ours, and that unit is a game changer for us.

8. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pictures of your setup with the spreader/riding aerator???? If so, post them.

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

10. Efficiency

from zone 6

was searching this morning and realized I never updated this. Exmark found that the idler arm was not welded correctly and the pulleys were out of plane. I think someone here said theres was too. They changed the arm, threw in a belt, but didnt comp us anything for the 4 weeks it was at the dealer during go time. Ultimately, they are the best aerators our there. Getting 3 more next month.