Thanks for All you help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman33, Oct 8, 2003.

1. turfman33

turfman33 LawnSite Member

I don't know if you remember I posted a thread on here that was "16' intimidation". It was about the intimidation I was felling about getting a 16' trailer made. well, I went ahead after reading a lot of your comments and got it made. So I thought I would post some pic's on here showing the rig that I am very proud of. I had to give up one career as a Chef down to Anxiety and panic attacks. I fell into Lawn Care and love it. I don't have many accounts only around 15, but I have been saving like mad to get what I have now. I still have some anxiety with the trailer but it's gone down a fair bit. Still haven't put it between two parked cars yet, but I'm sure my day will come. I will have to send them in separate threads so bear with me. I kept the smaller trailer so I can get into some of the smaller are'a if they come up. I have one now that I will use it on until I get more use to driving the bigger rig. I will convert the smaller one into a Mulching rig also. Again, thanks guys, you sure gave me some confidence to go out and do it.

full rig.jpg
  2. turfman33

Next picture.

trailer from left.jpg
  3. turfman33

OK last one.......

trailer from right.jpg
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Nice setup. Good luck.

As far as parking between cars, my advice is avoid it. I always park as far away as I safely can when I have to go into a store, away from cars. Or I'll park sideways through many spaces.
  5. turfman33

I'm talking pulling it between cars....not parking it. It's a little nurve recking because I haven't done it yet.

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice setup
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You will get used to it.
    Enjoy the new rig and leave the anxiety behind,Think positive,do good work,and you will succeed if you enjoy it.
    Best wishes, And remember that this site is here for just that purpose......To help each other and exchange ideas and information......None of us knows all.
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

How come nobody puts their trimmer racks on the front of the trailer. I did it and found it to be easier since it is accessible from both sides......just wondering if there were reasons not to do it
  9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I too upgraded to a larger trailer a few months ago (from a 5X10 to a 6 1/2'X16 1/2'). I'm so happy I did. You'll find out how much easier it is to control while backing up. Short trailers turn so quick they're squirly. After a week or two you will dred pulling a short trailer.

BTW nice set up.
  10. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Turfman - May I be so bold as to ask what you gave for that 16' trailer? I am currently pricing one out of a dealer in Maryland who sells the brand "PJ Trailers" they're out of Texas. They look similar to yours but with aluminum diamond plated fenders. The dealer wants $1725 for it. Just curious to what you gave so I can compare. :)