Thanks for everything

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfguy33, Mar 18, 2001.

1. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

Starting a business is rough, In 96' I began my business with some new equipment and a dream. I have been leary of getting too big too quick especially after seeing too many lcos fall. Last year I decided to grow, and advance my business to the next level. Making sure everything is legit, joining PLCAA and becoming involved in industry related forums like this has broadened my knowledge of the big picture.
    Maybe its just the weather, and the hint of growing grass in the future, but over the last few months, my wife cant' hardly drive me away from this site, I can read all day. Its good to know that there is people out there that is there in case I need a helping hand. For Eric, and kutnkru and the rest of the gang, thanks for your inspiring info. It will not be un-noticed.

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I too would like to thank Lawnsite, but I need to start limiting my Lawnsite online time. I have done zilch this winter. I will be starting cleanups and mulching next week. I still need to finish up taxes. Working on plans for a garage that I will not have time to build.

Wife made some comment the other day about all the E-mail I get. She was talking about the notifications about the posts to the threads when we have posted. I explained that she gets more E-mail then me since those Lawnsite mails where not real e-mails. She said "No dif, you still are talking to all your little friends all the time".

I admit, I am hooked and addicted. I feel like I might miss out on some information that might be just the answer to the entire universe or something. I have gotten several good answers to questions I had fumbled around in my head, but nothing just earth shattering, yet I cannot limit my time on the site.

I would say it is a compulsive disorder, but I am only this way about Lawnsite. I need a Lawnsite patch before I am forced to get a divorce. So, Thanks alot Lawnsite and it's members !

3. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! And about that lawnsite patch, I believe I've found one today! A friend of mine had one. It's a "Pocket PC" and you can go online w/ it. About $500, but I am not sure if it would be possible to reply w/ it or create a thread due to it not having a keyboard. Maybe you could hook one up to it? Looked like something I need to get one day!!! It had windows in it, too......

4. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

5. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

ok so i cant spell and yes i was hit in the head as a child and yes i was told to go play in a busy street! i meant AMEN! thank you, thank you

6. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

I too have a confession.........Ok Ok Ok take a deep breath. I can do this.

I too spend countless hours on lawnsite.com. My wife thinks I'm working when I not. I talk about you guys all the time. I rush to the computer to log on and catch the latest update.

I think I'll go out to the mall today and pick up the patch.

Hey? I feel good already. Confession is gooooooood for the soul.

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Very helpful and informative!!