Thanks for help - new owner

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rhong, Jul 1, 2004.

1. rhong

rhong LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

First, thanks to all you guys for all the information I have found on this site. Based on what I found, I am now the proud owner of a new FasTrak 20/52. Now if it will only quit raining so I can give it it's fisrt test run.

Question 1: I had read a couple of threads that were not too complimentary of the honda motors, but they were not specific as to the kind of problems they were having. Anyone got any advice on what I should be looking out for?

Question 2: I did get a quick test drive after deliver and noticed that my right control lever will go about a .5 inch farther forward than the left. Consequently, pushing them both as far forward as possble will make me run slightly to the left. Is there a simple adjustment that I can do for this or do I need to take it in for adjustment.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower! and welcome to the Hustler family.
    The tracking on the unit is easily adjusted and should of been set straight when you received the mower.
    I would suggest running during the break in period (or at least the first 5 hours or so) and then seeing if it needs to be adjusted.

Pj

3. jneedham

jneedham LawnSite Member
    from 66118

rhong,

The post you probably saw had more to due with mis-comminications than poor quality or performance of a Honda Engine.

That said, there have been a very few instances of oil low pressure at idle speeds within the 1st 100 hours of operation. It is highly unlikely you will experience this situation.

You should do the following:

1. Always check the oil level prior to starting the engine.

2. When you bring the engine speed to idle, look at the oil pressure light. If it flickers, contact you Hustler dealer, Honda Engine dealer or myself for further assistance.

I check this websit often.......so if you have any questions or requirements feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Jim Needham
    Kansas City Power Products, Inc.
    Authorized Honda Engine Distributor: Kansas and Missouri