thanks for nothing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobbygedd, Apr 9, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i cant believe i cant get even one of u people to bid on my "price quote" thread

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe there have been so many "What would you bid this job at?" threads lately that they tire of it. I glanced at it, I don't know what I'd bid. How much did you bid?
    Crawdad

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

At this time of year, many of us are so busy quoting jobs for our own clients, there's not much energy left for non-productive estimating.

4. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Don't feel bad, Bobby.

I asked a similar question a while back and just got mostly smart-azz rediculus answers.

If you want to get responses, post about what type of mower to buy, or mention "scrub" and you'll get several pages.

Fact is, probably most here don't know the answer to your question.
    :rolleyes:

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

:cry:

:D

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I don't think anyone is obligated to do your bid work but you.

I think the reason many people don't answer is because they are smart enough to know they don't know....

Alta says they don't know (but the way he's saying it implies incompetence, and he's wrong).....Without walking the property, how can you really tell?

Besides, everyone's equipment, overhead, expense, labor, etc.... is different.... why would someone else's price matter to you.

I thought you were in this business to make a profit.... what is the definition of scrub...why does it even matter.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

sean, i was just curious as to what others are bidding. why should i care? as i stated elsewhere, bidding wars are tougher than ever this season. i wont lower my prices , but was just curious. u dont need to "walk the property". the measurements are there for u. the materials are there for u, everything u need is there for u. i was asking for a quote as if you had to do this job for a client, my expenses or overhead have nothing to do with it. thanks again folks

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

sean, another thing. what do u mean,"nobody is obligated to do your bids?". i dont get that statement. no body here is obligated to answer anybodys posts, but we do. some help, some add humor, whatever, but they get answered.

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, now wait a minute;) .......It's really impossible to give you fair quote. Look at it this way "Mr. NJ":p , I live in Basking Ridge and what "I" can charge is totally different than "Mickleton" New Jersey, which is much lower in status. The guy's in Clinton and Far Hills, can get much more money per hour than in Somerville or "Route 9 in Woodbridge".
    Pete

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

switch. pretend I AM THE CUSTOMER!!! I NEED THIS WORK DONE!! HOW MUCH IS IT??????? dont u have a price structure? do u have a "price per ton?" price for labor? bid the dam job, now u people are just tryin to act stupid and avoid bidding the job